Friday, February 20, 2009

The Beautiful Mora Clock


Thanks to the peasant people of Dalarna Sweden, we are able to have these beautiful clocks. Between 1750 and 1760, there wasn't sufficient funds to support the growing population. Making these clocks helped support the people during hard winter months around the city of Mora. I'm so grateful some of these clocks withstood the test of time. They make me happy. I WANT ONE!




I love the Gustavian painted chairs surrounding the round French walnut wine-tasting table. By the doorway sits a fun Mora clock.




www.swedishantiques.biz is by far my favorite website for finding Mora clocks or any other Swedish antique. They have a huge warehouse in Atlanta chock full of yummy pieces.






My dream someday is to have a cozy beach home filled with large soft linen sofas and wood tassel light fixtures hanging in every room, oh yes and my Mora clock. These pictures show that Swedish pieces can go anywhere!

6 comments:

  1. I love A. Tyner antiques as well. I am on the hunt for a mora clock and decided to search the blogs to see what I could find...and I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like the Swedish look get the book
    "Swedish Interiors".It's priced around 50.00.
    Another web site for Swedish is
    www.ryderantiques.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!
    So Beautiful collection i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clock looks adorable. Where can I possibly find one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your all pictures in this blog is... perfect! You indicate me what Provancial, Swedish, Belgian interior decor should be! Thank you! You should know a man in Asia who has a same sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi fantastic pix on your blog

    if anyone is looking for a real antique mora clock, do visit www.swedishinteriordesign.co.uk where we have over 60 mora clocks in stock and ship worldwide incl the USA.

    You can see all our current mora clocks at http://www.swedishinteriordesign.co.uk/swedish-antiques/mora-clocks.html

    do let us know if theres one you like and just enjoy them

    we do - we have 7 at home!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...